Obama?
i was sent this through an email...i know not to believe all emails/Internet etc. but this read interestingly enough to pass on and see if anyone can claim it to be false.
A pilot's perspective on Obama
DO I HAVE THIS STRAIGHT?
HIS FATHER WAS A BLACK AFRICAN MUSLIM FROM KENYA.
WE HAVE SEEN PICTURES OF HIS AFRICAN FAMILY.
HIS MOTHER WAS A WHITE AMERICAN ATHEIST FROM KANSAS .
WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF HIS AMERICAN FAMILY?
HIS FATHER DESERTED HIS MOTHER WHEN HE WAS ONLY TWO YEARS OLD AND WENT BACK TO AFRICA BY WAY OF HARVARD UNIVERSITY. HOW? WAS HIS FATHER WEALTHY?
HIS MOTHER MARRIED AN INDONESIAN MUSLIM AND THEN MOVED TO JAKARTA WHERE HE WAS ENROLLED IN A MUSLIM SCHOOL .
WHEN HE REACHED HIGH SCHOOL AGE HIS MOTHER SENT HIM TO HAWAII TO BE WITH HIS WHITE GRANDPARENTS AND HE WAS PUT INTO AN EXPENSIVE PRIVATE SCHOOL. HE LATER WENT TO HARVARD UNIVERSITY . HOW? WERE HIS GRANDPARENTS RICH?
HE LIVES IN A $1.4 MILLION HOUSE OBTAINED THROUGH A DEAL WITH A WEALTHY FUNDRAISER. HOW?
HE 'WORKED' AS A CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVIST IN CHICAGO HE HAS NEVER HELD A PRODUCTIVE JOB OR RECEIVED A PAY CHECK THAT WAS NOT GOVERNMENT-FUNDED AND/OR TAXPAYER SUPPORTED.
THE PRESIDENCY IS NOT A CIVIL RIGHTS POSITION, NOR IS IT SUBJECT TO AFFIRMATIVE ACTION SET ASIDES; ON-THE-JOB TRAINING WON'T CUT IT.
HE ENTERED POLITICS AT THE STATE LEVEL AND THEN THE NATIONAL LEVEL WHERE HE HAS MINIMAL EXPERIENCE.
HE IS PROUD OF HIS 'AFRICAN HERITAGE' (A FATHER WHO GOT A WHITE GIRL PREGNANT AND DESERTED HER).
WHERE IS THE PRIDE IN HIS 'WHITE HERITAGE'? (A MOTHER WHO FLAUNTED CONVENTION AND DID NOT BELIEVE IN GOD). SOME MIGHT THINK THERE WAS NOT MUCH TO BE PROUD OF EITHER WAY.
HE BELONGS, AND HAS BELONGED FOR OVER 20 YEARS, TO AN "AFRO-CENTRIC" CHURCH IN CHICAGO THAT HATES WHITES, HATES JEWS, AND BLAMES AMERICA FOR ALL THE WORLD'S PERCEIVED FAULTS. (INCLUDING CREATING THE AIDS VIRUS IN ORDER TO INFLICT IT ON AFRICANS).
HE REPEATEDLY WHITEWASHES THE PASTOR, HIS CHURCH AND THE MEMBERS WHO CHEERED AFTER HEARING VITRIOLIC TIRADES AGAINST AMERICA .
HE COULD NOT CONFRONT HIS PASTOR BUT HE WANTS US TO BELIEVE HE CAN CONFRONT NORTH KOREA AND IRAN ? YEAH RIGHT ! !
DURING HIS VERY BRIEF TIME IN THE UNITED STATES SENATE HE HAS MANAGED TO AMASS THE NUMBER ONE ULTRA LIBERAL VOTING RECORD OUT OF THE ONE HUNDRED MEMBERS.
HE HAS VOTED CONSISTENTLY FOR BIGGER GOVERNMENT AND HIGHER TAXES. HE HAS VOTED FOR BIG ENTITLEMENTS AND LEGISLATION THAT WOULD SEVERELY CURTAIL AMERICA'S ABILITY TO FIGHT TERRORISM AND TO PROTECT OUR BORDERS AND OUR NATIONAL INTERESTS AROUND THE WORLD.
BUT, HE IS A GOOD ORATOR. ISN'T THAT A COMFORT?
YEAH, I THINK I SEE HOW WELL HE COULD UNITE THE COUNTRY.
I THINK THE TRUTH IS THAT HE HOPES NO ONE WILL PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO OUR NEW CHIEF PILOT.HE HAS NEVER FLOWN AN AIRPLANE, IN FACT HE HAS NEVER EVEN SAT IN THE COCKPIT, BUT HE SAYS HE HAS RIDDEN ON PLANES BEFORE. WE ARE SURE HE WILL GUIDE US SAFELY THROUGH THE STORMS WE MAY ENCOUNTER ON THIS FLIGHT.
A pilot's perspective on Obama
DO I HAVE THIS STRAIGHT?
HIS FATHER WAS A BLACK AFRICAN MUSLIM FROM KENYA.
WE HAVE SEEN PICTURES OF HIS AFRICAN FAMILY.
HIS MOTHER WAS A WHITE AMERICAN ATHEIST FROM KANSAS .
WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF HIS AMERICAN FAMILY?
HIS FATHER DESERTED HIS MOTHER WHEN HE WAS ONLY TWO YEARS OLD AND WENT BACK TO AFRICA BY WAY OF HARVARD UNIVERSITY. HOW? WAS HIS FATHER WEALTHY?
HIS MOTHER MARRIED AN INDONESIAN MUSLIM AND THEN MOVED TO JAKARTA WHERE HE WAS ENROLLED IN A MUSLIM SCHOOL .
WHEN HE REACHED HIGH SCHOOL AGE HIS MOTHER SENT HIM TO HAWAII TO BE WITH HIS WHITE GRANDPARENTS AND HE WAS PUT INTO AN EXPENSIVE PRIVATE SCHOOL. HE LATER WENT TO HARVARD UNIVERSITY . HOW? WERE HIS GRANDPARENTS RICH?
HE LIVES IN A $1.4 MILLION HOUSE OBTAINED THROUGH A DEAL WITH A WEALTHY FUNDRAISER. HOW?
HE 'WORKED' AS A CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVIST IN CHICAGO HE HAS NEVER HELD A PRODUCTIVE JOB OR RECEIVED A PAY CHECK THAT WAS NOT GOVERNMENT-FUNDED AND/OR TAXPAYER SUPPORTED.
THE PRESIDENCY IS NOT A CIVIL RIGHTS POSITION, NOR IS IT SUBJECT TO AFFIRMATIVE ACTION SET ASIDES; ON-THE-JOB TRAINING WON'T CUT IT.
HE ENTERED POLITICS AT THE STATE LEVEL AND THEN THE NATIONAL LEVEL WHERE HE HAS MINIMAL EXPERIENCE.
HE IS PROUD OF HIS 'AFRICAN HERITAGE' (A FATHER WHO GOT A WHITE GIRL PREGNANT AND DESERTED HER).
WHERE IS THE PRIDE IN HIS 'WHITE HERITAGE'? (A MOTHER WHO FLAUNTED CONVENTION AND DID NOT BELIEVE IN GOD). SOME MIGHT THINK THERE WAS NOT MUCH TO BE PROUD OF EITHER WAY.
HE BELONGS, AND HAS BELONGED FOR OVER 20 YEARS, TO AN "AFRO-CENTRIC" CHURCH IN CHICAGO THAT HATES WHITES, HATES JEWS, AND BLAMES AMERICA FOR ALL THE WORLD'S PERCEIVED FAULTS. (INCLUDING CREATING THE AIDS VIRUS IN ORDER TO INFLICT IT ON AFRICANS).
HE REPEATEDLY WHITEWASHES THE PASTOR, HIS CHURCH AND THE MEMBERS WHO CHEERED AFTER HEARING VITRIOLIC TIRADES AGAINST AMERICA .
HE COULD NOT CONFRONT HIS PASTOR BUT HE WANTS US TO BELIEVE HE CAN CONFRONT NORTH KOREA AND IRAN ? YEAH RIGHT ! !
DURING HIS VERY BRIEF TIME IN THE UNITED STATES SENATE HE HAS MANAGED TO AMASS THE NUMBER ONE ULTRA LIBERAL VOTING RECORD OUT OF THE ONE HUNDRED MEMBERS.
HE HAS VOTED CONSISTENTLY FOR BIGGER GOVERNMENT AND HIGHER TAXES. HE HAS VOTED FOR BIG ENTITLEMENTS AND LEGISLATION THAT WOULD SEVERELY CURTAIL AMERICA'S ABILITY TO FIGHT TERRORISM AND TO PROTECT OUR BORDERS AND OUR NATIONAL INTERESTS AROUND THE WORLD.
BUT, HE IS A GOOD ORATOR. ISN'T THAT A COMFORT?
YEAH, I THINK I SEE HOW WELL HE COULD UNITE THE COUNTRY.
I THINK THE TRUTH IS THAT HE HOPES NO ONE WILL PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO OUR NEW CHIEF PILOT.HE HAS NEVER FLOWN AN AIRPLANE, IN FACT HE HAS NEVER EVEN SAT IN THE COCKPIT, BUT HE SAYS HE HAS RIDDEN ON PLANES BEFORE. WE ARE SURE HE WILL GUIDE US SAFELY THROUGH THE STORMS WE MAY ENCOUNTER ON THIS FLIGHT.

10 Comments:
Would you like me to respond point by point or just sum it up by calling it what it is: a racist, xenophobic, conspiratory, right-winged, Rovian, fear-mongering diatribe. Furthermore, no one likes a weak analogy. But thanks for the heads-up because I forwarded the info on to http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/fightthesmearshome/
hehe...don't forget to vote on Nov 4! :)
Let me just say that i don't mean to offend anyone with this post, nor am i willing to say i'm a believer in what it says. i just found it interesting.
i'm glad you forwarded in on and i look forward to it's responses.
i'm just trying to learn who our next president will be.
cheers!
...and on a second note...
HOLY SHIT...A READER :)
Haha...of course I read your blog, bud. And I'm not offended at all. I easily get riled up by such things, especially when they conflict with my views. Funny how that works, huh? I was actually hoping to rile up anyone else who might be a reader. I love a good post debate. :)
a racist, xenophobic, conspiratory, right-winged, Rovian, fear-mongering diatribe???
I would call it truth.
though, my first impression was that it was a bit racist. The candidate with the most experience was a woman and her name isn't Palin.
Good one, JayFlyer. You're just trying to provoke me. I'll bite. Please enlighten me on what truth can be found here. Even a cursory read of the text displays a complete disregard of rational argument concerning each candidate's 'experience' (that would actually be a reasonable point of debate). Instead, the only "experience" this writer is concerned with is Obama's "American experience" and identity and somehow it just doesn't fit into this redneck's worldview. Please count the number of times a descriptor of race and/or country is used.
well, he is running for the 'american presidency' so shouldn't his 'american experience' be of great importance? i mean, who really cares what he did in anywhere else because 'america' is completey different than 'anywhere else'.
like I said, I agree it's a bit racist and discriminatory upon religion, but if I was to chose I'd want to chose someone like the last writer explained to have lived some level of the 'American Experience'. I mean, as a democrat, wouldn't you want someone to understand your lower through middle class American lifestyle when you vote to move more and more towards a socialistic society? I mean if I wanted all the non-hardworking and less fortunate to reap the fruit of the successful and capitalistic people of America I sure would want to have an 'real' American be my president. Maybe we should have Michael Jackson be our president; they're probably both just as disjointed from being as American as an American can be. Democrats should have voted for Hilary; she would have guaranteed the election for you in November. Now, it's a big question mark. You must drink soy milk? I mean why fake the milk at all if you're not drinking real milk from a cow? just chew on some soy. I like my milk organic, never pasteurized and molested.
I'd argue (as Obama himself has done) that his experience is as 'American' as any of us...even more so. Personally, my life history, experiences and privelages could have taken place in a dozen of other countries. The fact that I'm American is entirely incidental. But Obama is a case study in being uniquely "American." Where else in the world could someone of his background and history have reached this point of achievement? Anyway, this 'how American argument are you?' argument is ridiculous. No one running for President is un-American. I think we can agree on that if nothing else.
Country aside (not FIRST), let's get beyond the thinly-veiled code going on here. What people really mean when they say he isn't "American enough" is that his heritage, his background, his face isn't like the majority of us. It just isn't white enough, that's the problem. As much as we like to think that we've moved beyond that point as a society, we haven't. I've been astonished how many people have admitted (either explicitly or implicitly) that a black man as our President just freaks them out to their very core. At least people who say that openly are being honest about their fears and prejudices. I'd prefer that to hiding it behind other markers. So that's my take on this whole "American experience" subject.
As for JayFlyer's random socialistic/capitalistic framing of things, that makes for great comedy my friend. I was waiting for you to somehow drop a Reagan reference in there for good measure, too.
Oh, and that Michael Jackson, Obama comparison is similarly priceless. I'm speechless. :)
And for the record, Hillary Clinton would make a fine President so I won't bother arguing with that sentiment.
Lastly, this political banter is highly entertaining but I fear I won't be able to keep it up. So for those who reply to this comment, know that I will look forward to the read at some point but further back 'n forths will be far less frequent.
Miah, you must love having so many comments on your blog. Now you know the secret to consistent readership.
Post a Comment
<< Home